The Stay-At-Home Fundraiser is the PTO's primary fundraiser. Information on the PTO and the fundraiser and a donation card are mailed to all parents in late October. We ask that you consider how important these funds are to teachers and students and give what you can. In 2017-18 we raised over $12,000 and distributed over $10,500 in grants, teacher supplies and guidance. We hope to increase those amount this year with your help.
Our mission is to create community and foster relationships among parents, teachers, staff and students to promote quality education for all students at our schools.
Your donation helps:
• Award mini grants (<$500 each) to teachers for materials or activities to enrich class-rooms such as curricula book sets, lab materials, guest speakers, scholarships and
• Champion our teachers with advocacy events, purchasing supplies and supply drives.
• Collaborate on PARENT U classes.
• Support class orientations, fall/spring curriculum nights and honor roll incentives.
• Keep parents informed with the PTO newsletter and website.
• Coordinate monthly teacher/staff appreciation events.
• Fund Counseling Center needs to aid students in crisis.
*All contributions are tax deductible! AHS/SILSA is a 501 (c) 3 organization.
Please look for the AHS/SILSA fundraising envelop in your mailbox !
(Please make check payable to AHS-SILSA PTO.)
You can mail your donation today to
Asheville High School
419 McDowell Street
Asheville, NC 28803
Or you can donate here via Paypal.
Go Local Cards
Do you shop on Amazon?
You can help the Asheville High School / SILSA PTO by designating us as your charity. It doesn't cost you anything and the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.